Your Subconscious Belief System is Limiting Your Success - Here's How to Change It
Our subconscious belief system can be one of our greatest assets or our biggest roadblocks. It dictates how we interact with the world and how we see ourselves. However, when our subconscious beliefs are limiting our success, it can be incredibly frustrating.
In this blog post, we will explore how our subconscious belief system can prevent us from achieving our goals and how to change these limiting beliefs in order to achieve success. By understanding the power of our subconscious beliefs and taking control of them, we can unlock our full potential and start achieving our goals.
The subconscious belief system
Our subconscious beliefs are those that we are not consciously aware of, but they still affect our lives. These are the beliefs that have been ingrained into our brains mostly from childhood and continue to accumulate throughout our lives. In fact, over 60% of our belief system is based on information we acquire from infancy to around age seven. Some of these beliefs can incredibly helpful and self-affirming, while others can limit us from achieving our goals and fulfilling our dreams.
Why our subconscious beliefs matter
Our subconscious beliefs can have a huge impact on our lives, for better or for worse. The positive beliefs we have about ourselves, such as knowing we can do anything if we put in the effort, can lead to great successes and achievements. On the other hand, negative beliefs about our capabilities or the world around us can hold us back from reaching our full potential.
It is important to understand how our subconscious beliefs play a role in our success and why it is essential to make sure they are positive and empowering.
How can someone tell if it’s subconscious beliefs holding them back? There are some key signs that indicate that your subconscious beliefs are negatively impacting your life. These include feelings of doubt or insecurity, not taking risks because you think you will fail, and avoiding new experiences. If any of these feelings resonate with you, it might be time to examine and change your mindset and beliefs.
Changing your mindset can be done by recognizing the thoughts, beliefs or even behavioral patterns that are holding you back and working to replace them with more supportive ones.
How to change your subconscious beliefs
Changing your subconscious beliefs can be challenging, but it’s an important step to achieving success. There are a few key things to do when looking to change your subconscious beliefs.
1. Start by becoming aware of your unwanted behavioral or thought patterns. Take time to observe your thoughts and recognize any patterns that may be limiting your growth or success. (e.g., do you tend to procrastinate doing things that you perceive you may fail at doing?) This will help you understand which beliefs are holding you back.
2. Create new supportive beliefs to replace the old ones. Think about how you want to think and how you want to perceive yourself and the world around you. Find affirmations or mantras that will help you reinforce this positive belief system.
3. Repeat these new positive beliefs regularly. Repeat them often and make sure to keep them at the forefront of your mind. Doing this helps to shift your focus from the negative subconscious beliefs to the positive ones.
4. Challenge negative thoughts and feelings when they arise. Whenever a negative thought or feeling arises, acknowledge it, but also challenge it and look for evidence that counters it. This helps to break the habit of automatically believing in these limiting beliefs.
5. Take notice when your subconscious beliefs start to shift. Once you begin to make progress, take note of any changes in your thoughts or behavior. If you find yourself thinking in more positive ways or taking actions that move you towards success, that’s a sign that your subconscious beliefs are beginning to change.
6. Consider energy psychology to support the change process. Energy psychology techniques are a new group of psychological modalities such as PSYCH-K or EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). Unlike the approaches above, that work through your conscious mind to change subconscious beliefs, energy psychology modalities work more directly with your subconscious mind to change limiting beliefs.
Changing our subconscious beliefs is a process, but it is possible! With commitment, awareness and support, you can shift those negative beliefs and start believing in yourself and what you can achieve. Repeat the mantra: “I can change my mindset and create positive results in my life”, and trust that you are capable of creating the success you desire.